faq copy



The DACC free zone provides four types of visas: employment, freelancer, student and visiting.

You can avail for this service through registered E-Service portal account of the company https://dwc.force.com/portal

The procedure and fees may vary depending on whether an applicant currently resides in the UAE or not (please refer to the tariff for the visa fees).

The entry permit is valid for 60 days, renewable for another 60 days upon entry to the country.

No, you need to cancel the entry permit and apply again.

No, as per the GDRFA, the extension service is no longer available. If an entry permit expires, you will have to cancel it and then apply for a new one.

A. Freelancer visa

You may apply for a freelance visa via the registered online portal https://dwc.force.com/freelancer

B. Golden visa – 10 years visa

Local amendment / change of status

It is an optional service for in-country processing. Once an entry permit is issued, applicants have the option to continue the process inside the country without the need to leave.

If you did not apply for it as part of the entry permit package, then you may do so via the company’s registered e-service portal

After your entry permit is issued.

When an employee does not change their status in the period granted by the GDRFA.

No, the penalty will be suspended after the change of status is approved by the GDRFA.

-If the applicant is inside the country with a cancelled residency permit, the penalty would amount to AED 25 per day. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff)
-If the applicant is inside the country with a visit t visa/arrival visa, then the penalty would amount to AED 100 per day. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff)


Yes, the free zone management team will communicate with the company and generate the invoices of any applicable penalties.

Residence permit stamping

Within one month from the date of entry into the UAE or from the change of status.

No, you need to apply for your Emirates ID before you you go for a medical test..

At any typing centres authorised by the Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship.

at any medical centres authorised by the Dubai Health Authority and Ministry of Health.

Yes, if the UAE is covered within their network.

Visit visa

There are short- and long-term visit visas. The short-term visit visa is valid for one month, while the long-term visit visa is valid for three months.

The quota will be maintained if the company keeps the deposit with the GDRFA. However, there is a AED 200 annual requirement to renew the visit visa quota. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff)

 Yes, when the company cancels this service.

Each five visit-visa quota will require a AED 5,041 deposit from the company. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff)

Transfer of residency permit

Internal transfer and External transfer

It is for transferring a current valid visa from a company-registered one under the DACC to another one, subject to residence-permit validity.

It is for transferring a current valid visa from any government entity/free zone in Dubai.

You may do so through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

Currently, the visa validity must be 2-3 months from the submission of the visa stamping.

Yes, you would just need to acquire an NOC letter from your current sponsor.

Employees need to submit all relevant documents to DACC business counters within one month from the date the transfer form was issued. This is to avoid the expiration of the application.

Transferring a residence permit will automatically shift all the dependents associated with it.

No, only government or free-zone residence permits are accepted.

Yes, but only after 60 days from the date of expiry, and you will be required to settle the fees again.

Release out

It allows you to apply for visa transfers among companies under the jurisdiction of DACC or the Free Zone Authority in Dubai.

You can do so through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

After submitting the requirements through the e-service portal, you should approach a free-zone management business counter with the original transfer form signed by the new sponsor to get it signed by the DACC Free Zone Authority.

Cancellation of Entry permit and residency permit

You can do so through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

All active dependents on a visa or permit must be put on hold or cancelled before you can apply for this service.

By visiting any GDRFA or AMER centres.

AED 25 per day (As per GDRFA Calculations)

As per DACC policy, the residency permit of a general manager must be under the company.

Yes, however, if a company will be winding up, its staffs’ visas must be cleared before that of the shareholder/general manager.

No, you must remain in country until the completion of the applied-for cancellation.

Yes, the company would still be responsible for an employee until they exit the country or change their status within the country.

To release the visa quota, we would require a proof of exit or of a change of status for the system to update.

Residence permit renewa

- At the company e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal
- For freelance residency permit renewals https://dwc.force.com/portal

When the validity of the current residence permit is less than six months.

30 days after the visa expiration.

AED 25 per day. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff)

No, the company must cancel the original residency permit and apply for a new employment visa.


Salary certificate, employment certificate, car registration, etc.

Through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

After settling the payment, you may receive the letters on the same day.

No, all DACC letters are digital and their verification links/barcodes can be found on the NOC page.

Through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

Subject to the approval of the free-zone management.

Data Amendments

Available visa amendment services include changing job titles on residence permits, name amendments, transferring visas from expired passports onto newly issued ones, and nationality changes.

Through the company’s registered e-service portal https://dwc.force.com/portal

The education certificate will be attested by the MOFA based on the selected position. The job directory is available on Dubai South’s website.

No, the visa must be transferred to a new valid passport before you can change the job title on your visa.

Lost passport

- If the passport was lost inside the UAE, then you should report it to the police and request a lost certificate to re-issue a new passport in your embassy/consulate in the UAE.

- If you lost the passport outside the UAE, you should report it to the police, request a lost certificate, and visit a UAE Embassy to obtain an entry pass to enter the country. You must then approach us to re-stamp the visa on your new passport.

Establishment card

To apply for any service related to the company, such as new residence permits, NOCs, cancellations, etc.

Each company will have an establishment card once the company’s trade licence is issued.

Establishment cards for new/renewed companies are digital. Once approved by the GDRFA, the client will receive a digital copy on the registered company email.

No, it would only be required to apply for new residence permits.

Yes, the penalty counter starts after 26 days of the expiry.

If the granted grace period by the GDRFA is over, you must pay a penalty of AED 100 per month. (Subject to the GDRFA tariff).

PRO card

-  The PRO card can only be granted by two authorities, the GDRFA and Dubai Customs.

-  The GDRFA will grant a PRO card based on a company’s request to proceed with the family visas of its staff.

-  Dubai Customs will grant PRO cards to company representatives to clear a company’s related shipments.

Access pass

 Access passes, contractor passes, and facility-management contractor passes.

-  FM contractor passes are for companies whose services include cleaning, security, maintenance, plumping, and electrical services.

-  Contractor passes are for company-excluded contracting, engineering consultancy, and catering services.

Yes, If the GCC national is a registered employee under DACC

Work permit

- Emirati/GCC nationals.
- People holding student visas and those with valid visas under their spouses or parents.

  1. Through your registered portal account under https://dwc.force.com/portal 

1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year

No, as per the GDRFA, applicants must be registered in Dubai.

Absconding (declaration/ withdrawal)

When an applicant does not report to a company within 10 days.

 No, the GDRFA requires applicants to be inside the country.

Yes, a company can apply for the deposit refund when the absconding request is closed/withdrawn.


Applications payment process


- Employees should approach free-zone management business counters at Dubai South HQ along with the following:
- Official complaint letter.
- Employment contract.
- Copies of the passport and visa page.
- Any supporting document.

Salary update

An increment letter from the company is required along with a stamped bank statement copy for the past three months.

An amended employment contract signed by both employer and employee would be required

Through bank transfers or any other approved channels.

Refund process

For rejected or non-processed applications.

By submitting an official refund request letter to FZM@dacc.ae

The client can request for a refund within 90 days of the payment. Otherwise, the request will be rejected.


No. Companies can request samples from DACC’s business counters.

No, currently only employment visas are available.

Yes, if the names are included with the authorisation card relevant to the company.

No, this service is not available within DACC.


Dubai South Headquarters:P.O. Box 282228,Dubai South, UAE

Other Contacts:Within UAE (toll free):800-SOUTH / 800-76884 International: +971-800-76884 Email: INFO@DUBAISOUTH.AE

quick-contacts Quick Contact